The best little town in the Kootenays
Accommodations in Ymir
- Ymir Palace Inn – This charming Country Inn with views of the Selkirk Mountains was built in 1896. Recently restored with modern luxuries, boasting self contained suites, featuring rock river showers and 7 large cozy bedrooms. It is a gateway to world class skiing, hiking and all outdoor adventure.
- The Ymir Hotel & Saloon – The Ymir Hotel & Saloon is nestled between the Purcell and Selkirk Mountains along the Salmo River. Hike, cross-country ski and snowmobile right out the front door. Fourteen newly renovated rooms, ski lockers, laundry, common room and pub with great homemade food. Twenty minutes from Whitewater Ski Resort.
- The Ymir Campground – Camp for free at the Ymir Campground, right on the main street across from the Ymir Fire Department.
- Tiny Lights Festival – Tiny Lights is a presentation of Renascence Arts and Sustainability Society- Ymir BC. The festival is unlike any other, with 7 historic venues running for three days with over 100 performances. Tiny Lights allows you to see top notch performers in small intimate venues. This is where magic happens for performers and audiences. Our Artistic Director has described it as a “…whole town house concert.” and a …”choose your own adventure festival”
- Underground Arts Railroad – A great website based out of Ymir that promotes Canadian musicians and venues.They also present great Canadian music at the Ymir School house.
- At Wild Mountain Herbs and the Medicinal Plants of British Columbia you will find Wildcrafted Herbs for sale from the forests of the West Kootenays in southern BC, Canada.
- Homestead BullHunde – Breading Bulldogs in Ymir – Nestled in the mountains of Beautiful British Columbia, Canada; Julie Spooner raises Olde English Bulldogges and Alternative Old Style Bulldogs.
- Essensia Spa – While traveling Canada, Escape to Essensia Spa…a short drive from Nelson and leave the stress of the city behind! Relax for an hour or indulge for a day. Breathe in the mountain air�a relaxing aroma greets you as you enter the spa.
Recreation in the Region
- Kootenay Mountain Adventures – KMA offers spectacular backcountry snowmobile tours in British Columbia, Canada. They specialize in friendly, small group snowmobile tours. A world class experience in Ymir, BC, south of Revelstoke. Marvel at the majestic southern Selkirk Mountains, as your mountain sled takes you to places you’ve never seen, or imagined.
- Clover Bear 18 hole Disc Golf – Ymirs Clover Bear Disc golf Course is set on the Salmo River across from the historic mining town of Ymir. The Salmo river on one side and Mt.Dundee on the other Clover Bear is not a long course the front nine offers lots of birdie opportunities. The back nine is more challenging extending tee boxes and some alternate baskets added.
- Wildhorse Catskiing – snowcat powder skiing based in the famous Powder Triangle of Nelson/Rossland and Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada. Based out of the small town of Ymir, promises the most authentic backcountry powder adventure in Canada.
- Snowmobile-Canada – Features Ymir British Columbia. Of course anyone who has been in Ymir during the winter knows that it is the heart of snowmobile country!
- Salmo Ski Hill – 15 minutes South of Ymir.
- Whitewater Ski Resort – 20 minutes North of Ymir.
- Red Mountain Ski Resort – 1 hour West of Ymir.
- Paragliding Guided Tours – Contact: Belinda, Ph: 250 357 2466, Location: Ymir.
Ymir Related Links
- Ymir Arts and Museum Society (YAMS) – The Ymir Arts and Museum Society is dedicated the promotion of Arts and Culture in Ymir and to the preservation and maintenance of the Ymir Schoolhouse as a venue for community oriented Arts and Cultural events.
- Small Town BC: Ymir – from Global News.